Featured Post

ZION NATIONAL PARK UTAH This image was made during the fall of 2015 in SW Utah. It was one of three parks that we visited on this tri...

Monday, September 14, 2015

IF I'VE SEEN ONE SUNSET, I'VE SEEN A THOUSAND

   







 
 
 
 
A couple of weeks ago we were sitting beside a campfire enjoying the peace and quiet of Ridgway State Park in southwest Colorado.

As the sun set, a cloud formation started to form over the Cimarron range to the east of us. Then it put on quite a show as the colors started to change rapidly. This was one of the most spectacular sunsets that we have seen in this part of the country. 

I made a fast hustle to grab my camera out of the trailer, but I didn't think I'd have time to grab the tripod out of the truck, so I flipped the camera to total automatic and made several exposures of this most unusual sunset. No, this is not a Photoshop image. This is very close to how it really was. 

If I've seen one sunset, I've seen a thousand. But this one was different. Enjoy!  

Click on the image to enlarge the sunset.   

No comments:

Post a Comment